Is your council and municipality burning through property taxes?
10 Good Reasons to join Grumpy Taxpayer$
1. Our approach works. We lead the opposition against the 2022 Commonwealth Games bid, what would have been an expensive $1.5 billion boondoggle. We continue to scrutinize municipal budgets, major capital projects, and the dysfunctional, undemocratic governance model of the CRD. Our approach works.
2. We are one of a kind. No other organization in Greater Victoria works toward holding municipal politicians and municipalities accountable. Our volunteer citizen’s advocacy group works toward better value for municipal taxes.
3. We are not opposed to taxes. Taxes are the price for society, but how much tax is too much? We are dedicated to lower taxes, less waste, and more accountable municipal government.
4. We are legitimate. Our organization is registered as a non-profit under BC Societies Act and must file annual reports, bylaws, board of directors’ lists, and financial statements.
5. We get our message out. Our newsletter reaches about 2,500 people monthly through subscribers, our website grumpytaxpayers.com, Twitter and Facebook.
6. We are known to the media. Our viewpoints are printed by the Times-Colonist, Vancouver Sun, and Black News publications. We are a regular contributor to CFAX 1070, and appear on CBC, Global and CTV News.
7. We are positive and an open organization. While we’ve been known to get grumpy, it’s our goal to ask questions and be positive in our efforts. All board meetings are open to members and guests. We welcome your input and comments to our approaches and policies.
8. We are pro business and economic development. It’s recognized business activity generates all taxes and contributes in the betterment of our lives and community.
9. We are unaffiliated. While there are kindred spirits out there, we’re not affiliated with or part of any other organization so function independently.
10. We are non-partisan. While we are ‘political’ in our efforts, we support no political party or candidate.
We depend on your financial support. Donate $25, $100, $500, whatever you feel comfortable with. Some members choose to make additional donations annually. Remember, it’s a lifetime donation and membership until you unfriend us.
DONATE & JOIN US by sending your cheque to Grumpy Taxpayer$ of Greater Victoria, #1606-751 Fairfield Rd., Victoria, BC V8W4A4. Or, click PayPal in the top right corner of grumpytaxpayers.com.