Grumpy Taxpayer$ of Greater Victoria
Mission Statement: Grumpy Taxpayers of Greater Victoria Society is a non-profit, non partisan, citizen’s advocacy group dedicated to lower taxes, less waste and more accountable municipal government.
- To act as a collective voice of taxpayers in Greater Victoria.
- To advocate municipal government lower taxes and reduce waste.
- To hold municipal government more accountable for their decisions.
- To operate strictly in a non-partisan and unaffiliated fashion.
- To provide and support constructive alternatives and suggestions for municipalities.
- To ensure the privacy of members and supporters is respected.
- To communicate with members and supporters on taxation matters of common interest.
Our Core Values: Participatory, inclusive, engaging, forward-thinking, respectful, results oriented, goal driven, transparent and accountable.
Plus others, frugality, constructive, positivity, perseverance, and most importantly, retain a sense of humour.
Governance: As a non-profit society we are governed by the rules and regulations of the Society Act of BC. Our bylaws prohibit any director from holding membership in any BC or Canadian political party.
If you like what we’re doing, donate and help us buy an inkjet!